This pattern is for an e-reader. I made it for my kindle fire and it fits as snug as a bug in a rug! The basketweave stitch allows for a nice padding around the kindle and the way it is completely open at one end allows for charging while the e-reader is in its case. I hope you enjoy making it as I did! And I enjoy using it even more! Have a Very Merry Christmas!
Update: Fits a Kindle Fire HD as well!
Basket Weave e-reader case(Fits a Kindle Fire & a Kindle Fire HD)
H (5.00 mm) hook
WW yarn (I used red heart super savor)
1 or 1 1/2 inch button
an hour or two of time
6 stitches of fpdc and 2 rows worked = 2 inches by 1 inch
Stitches and Abbreviations used:
slip stitch (sl st)
single crochet (sc)
double crochet (dc)
front post double crochet (fpdc)
back post double crochet (bpdc)
fasten off (FO)
- chain 2 at beginning of rounds 2-20 does not count as first stitch
-rounds 21 is an incomplete round, it is there to make the loop of the clasp
1) chain 16, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain across, working in opposite side of ch, make a sc in each unworked loop across, join w/ sl st to first sc (30 sc)
|The opposite side of chain base|
3) ch 2, (fpdc around next 3 sts, bpdc around next 3 sts) around, join w/ sl st to first fpdc (15 fpdc + 15 bpdc = 30 sts)
4-5) repeat round 3
6) ch 2, (bpdc around next 3 sts, fpdc around next 3 sts) around, join w/ sl st to first bpdc (15 bpdc + 15 fpdc = 30 sts)
7-8) repeat round 6
9-11) repeat round 3
12-14) repeat round 6
15-17) repeat round 3
18-19) repeat round 6
20) ch 1, sc in same stitch and in each st around, join w/ sl st to first sc (30 sc)
21) sl st in next 8 sts (includes joining sl st from round 20), ch 20, sl st in next 3 sts (11 sl st, 20 chs)
|Close up of the loop|
FO and weave in ends
To Sew on Your Button:
Sew your button onto round 16, stitches 23-25. This is the middle of the case, opposite of where the loop from round 21 is.
Congrats! You are finished! Enjoy your new case!
|Great color for a boy's case!|
This pattern is copyright 2018 to Lillian Hoover. You may not sell the pattern or parts of the pattern. Pictures also copyrighted to Lillian. You may make and sell the finished product at farmer's markets etc, just not online. You may give away as gifts, use for charitable purposes etc. I would love it if you'd include a link to this pattern. Thank you and God bless!
This pattern has not been tested, so if an error is found or the pattern is unclear, please leave a comment. Thanks!