Friday, December 30, 2011

Food, Food, and a snake!

Hello everybody! Today I am sharing pictures of food and my finished snake!

On Christmas eve, we had a little dessert tray and I got to make it! We bought red velvet cupcakes from Sam's Club and I was able to add on a bunch of fun little treats. 


This is a close-up of the top. The middle pink squares are peppermint fudge and the green, red, and white candies are part of a nerd's rope I cut up to five the tray some color.


This is a close-up of the middle of the tray. Here I added chocolate covered pretzels, part of a giant hershey bar, and small chocolate candies for color.


Finally here is a close-up of the bottom of the tray. I added a bunch of little candies just for something different. All in all, the tray was a hit!


In the background of most of the photos above, you see someone cooking something. Here are pictures showing you what we are cooking. We made our own chips! We used corn tortillas cut into strips and fried them in vegetable oil. We let them cook until they were partly crisp on one side, then flipped them over and did the same thing to the other side.


Once they looked nice and crisp, we put them on a plate and salted them. They taste amazing! I recommend as a great snack. They are quicker than most people think and are actually pretty healthy.


Here I showed of the progress of a snake I was making as a Christmas present. Now I give you the finished project! What do you think?


Close-up of the head:


That's all for today! Have a great New Year's weekend. May God bless you in the year to come.

Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment